Saturday 11 April 2009

Next new project - Henry II (TV Style)

I've already started the plans for my next new project, i've placed Douglas on hold for a short while till i can order a new funnel and dome for him, so for now, i will be working on building Henry II. I know that Hornby has already made a RWS version of Henry, and Bachmann has also made a TV series version of Henry, but, i have chosen to model Henry from the Tv Series also, seeing as Hornby did not.

Although i like the Bachmann version, the tender is somewhat abit short of Henry's cab roof, so, i'm going to build my own Henry II from scratch, using a suitable donor 4-6-0 chassis, this model i hope will be just like the tv model. I'm deciding to model Henry II, but, i will also make a second body so i can switch them from Henry I to Henry II, one will have the firebox similar to Gordon's and the second will have the belpair firebox like that on the TV Henry II model.

I cannot say at the moment what chassis i will be using to build Henry II, but, announcements will be made via the Thomas Modeller Forum and soon will be posted here, so check back soon for new updates and latest pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment